Connect2Play Sports is proud to be a Minnesota grown start-up. The idea for Connect2Play Sports came to me on a warm summer day before a kickball game that started at 6 pm. We were short two players and had another stuck in rush hour traffic. I jokingly said to another teammate, "I wish we could just order up a few subs like you would do if you were placing an online pizza order." And here the idea for Connect2Play Sports was born!
Connect2Play Sports is a way for individuals to stay active, meet new people and play sports for free without long-term commitments. Our website is a tool for all users, regardless of gender, age and fitness level. Our goal is to get people together, get moving and experiencing what their community has to offer. Connect2Play Sports offers instant access to sporting events and fitness activities going on at this very moment. And by having the widest variety of these events and activities available to our users, they have the opportunity to sub on sports teams in need and create pick-up games.
Meet the Owners
Sarah and myself enjoying the outdoors. We brought our passion for being active and our experiences as coaches to make this website. We wanted it to be a tool where anyone, regardless of sex, age and ability can get together, get moving and make new friends.
This website is a combination of today's technology teaming up with yesterday's old school neighborhood shoutouts. It is dedicated to a time when we got out of the house to get to know the people around us and be active.
Additional contributions to this website were made by Design U.
Questions? Leave your name, email, and question below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!
- How do I sign up as an individual, team, league or organization?
- Sign up is FREE and easy for individuals, teams, leagues and organizations. Here is the link to get in the game!
- What type of organizations can sign up?
- Community centers, recreational leagues, corporations, colleges, parks and intramurals.
- I am new to the area and do not have a team. How can I get started?
- Connect2Play Sports makes connecting you to teams and other sports-minded individuals in your area fast and easy by utilizing our Gamefeed map and your personalized settings. Based on your personalized settings of sports and fitness you are interested in playing and your availability, you are matched to teams and pick-up games happening around you.
- What is a pick-up game?
- A pick-up game is a game that has been casually or spontaneously initiated by an individual or group of players. Pick-up games generally do not have officials or referees, which make them less structured than regular games. Pick-up games are a great way to meet new people, get active and try new things!
- What do the levels of play mean?
- A - Competitive; teams and players have played the sport for a long time. Very organized and players may have speciality positions.
B - Upper Intermediate; teams and players have played the sport a long time and teams are well organized
C - Intermediate; players may be new to sport but are seeking a little more competition. Social aspect focus.
D - Beginners or new teams.
Recreational - Lowest level of competition; beginners or social league.
- How do I become a verified coach or trainer? What are the benefits?
- Applying to be a verified coach and trainer on our website is free. After we review and approve your credentials, you will receive a verified medal next to your user name along with social media exposure to our users.
- How do I earn trophies?
- Get in the game and start playing today to earn trophies. And with your help, we keep track of your stats.
- What sports games and fitness activities does Connect2Play Sports offer?
- Archery, Archery (Adaptive), Backpacking, Badminton, Baggo, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Basketball (Adaptive), Beer Pong, Billiards, Birdwatching, Bocce, Bowling, Bowling (Adaptive), Boxing, Broomball, Canoeing, Canyoneering, Climbing (Rock), Climbing (Wall), Cornhole, Cricket, Croquet, Cross Country Skiing, Curling, Cycling (Class), Cycling (Road), Darts, Disc Golf, Dodgeball, Dodgeball (Trampoline), Fencing, Fishing (Ice), Fishing (Sport), Foosball, Football (Beach), Football (Flag), Football (Tackle), Footgolf, Footvolley, Four Square, Geocaching, Golf, Golf (Mini), Handball, Hang Gliding, Hiking, Hip Hop Dancing, Hockey (Field), Hockey (Floor), Hockey (Ice), Hockey (Pond), Horseshoes, Ice Skating, Jay Alai, Jenga, Judo, Kan Jam, Karate, Kayaking, Kickball, Kickball (Adaptive), Kickboxing, Kitesurfing, Knockerball, Kubb Lawn Game, Kung Fu, Lacrosse, Ladder Toss, Laser Tag, Lawn Bowling, Lawn Darts, Lawn Twister, Longboarding, Mountain Biking, Paddle Boarding, Paintball, Pickleball, Pilates, Quidditch, Racketball, Ring Toss, Roller Derby, Rollors, Roundnet, Rowing, Rugby, Running (5K training), Running (Marathon Training), Running (Trail), Sailing, Shooting (Clay), Shooting (Target), Shuffleboard, Skiing, Skydiving, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Soccer (Adaptive), Soccer (Indoor), Soccer (Outdoor), Softball, Spikeball, Squash, Streetball, Surfing, Swimming, Tennis, Tennis (Table), Tetherball, Trampoline Fitness, Trenchball, Triathlon Training, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball (Indoor), Volleyball (Sand), Walking, Wallyball, Washers, Water Polo, Water Polo (Inner Tube), Wiffleball, Windsurfing, Wrestling, Yard Yahtzee, Yoga
- The sport I am interested isn’t listed. Can you add it to Connect2Play Sports?
- Yes we can! Please E-mail us.